We attempt to support NPO's that cover a wide gamut of social justice, community and environmental needs. As such, we attempt to be a place where anyone can walk in and find an organization that is caring for a need that they feel passionate about. Our Charity List is often rotating and expands to as many as 10 at a time.
HOW CAN I GET MY CHARITY ON BOARD?
We accept applications for new charities all year long. Here’s how to apply:
Hold a Charity of the Day event! At this event, the Pub is yours. Whatever profit is earned in the Pub on that day is donated directly to your charity. Also, we encourage you to sell your own merchandise, hold a raffle, bring a band, whatever you’d like! We’re here to support you. A couple expectations:
- Can you get 300 people come to OPH throughout the entire day on a Monday?
- Are you willing to promote and advertise this event like crazy?
- Can you provide volunteers to help at OPH for your day?
- Can you set and meet a goal of $2500 in proceeds to reach the 10% donation?
- Can you meet with us to make a plan for success?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, we would love to partner together! For your event, we commit to
- Providing social media support about your day, and your charity throughout the week.
- We work with you to discuss what has made other NPO’s succesful (we’ve had almost $3,000 raised in a single day).
- Allow you to sell your merchandise in our space.
- Commit to as much as 10% of total sales if a minimum is reached.
- And when free, allow you use of our Village Ballroom just upstairs of the Pub, with room for up to 300!
If you’re interested in this partnership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Currently, these are the charities that we are supporting:
Created to empower women beer professionals to advance their careers in the beer industry through education.
Currently offering six scholarships a year, they also host educational seminars and meetings throughout the year.
A progressive, independent radio station that delivers the best of Portland’s ideas and culture to the world.
They serve Portland by providing a platform for local artist and thinkers to share their ideas.
They are a water cooler that the city can gather around to discuss the issues that matter most.
A free, comprehensive culinary after-school and summer program for Portland youth, age 14-18.
Our mission is to empower urban youth to graduate high school with job skills and improved eating habits.
The program introduces students to the skills and techniques required in baking, preparing, and creating stocks,
soups and sauces, and also special event preparation.
Combines animals, agriculture, gardens and natural resources to provide an educational enrichment program for
all children, including at-risk children and youth in a safe and secure farm setting.
Our mission is to increase equitable access to healthy food and strengthen communities by empowering neighbors
to share in the harvest and care of city-grown produce.
To foster an environment of respect, responsibility, and compassion for all animals through education, legislation, and leadership.
To care for the homeless, to defend the abused, and to fight with unrelenting diligence for recognition of the integrity of all animals.